Sunday, February 14, 2010

Pills, and doctors and copays... oh my!

Ive been so sick this week, my throat has felt like its been on fire and my uvula is swollen up so large that its resting on the back on my tongue... graphic and gross I know! I had hoped it was just a cold and would get better with rest and plenty of fluids but tonight I had to go to the ER here in Belfast. The wait was long... over 4 hours but on the plus side I was able to see a doctor and get the antibiotics I need. They said it was a severe throat infection, otherwise known as strep and I would need to take antibiotics and they also gave me pain killers to help with the swelling. I cant believe I didn't have to pay a copay or anything! It makes me hopefully for the US's plan for universal health care. Especially since in my chosen profession you rarely get health care, that would mean when I truly do need to see a doctor I will be able to. I highly doubt my mental health care would be included in Obama's universal health care plan but that's easy enough to work out because now that I only have to see Dr. Velosa once a year I can pay for that and order my medication online for under 1000$ a year. I think that's a small price to pay for the freedom it allows me. Being bipolar Ive always worried about having to see a doctor and having to always have a job that gives me the insurance I needed to get my medicine, but this is a cost effective way to have the freedom to do and go where I want and not have to worry about always having to see my doctor.

Well right now I only have another 5-6 weeks before my Mom lands in Dublin and then we will have a little less then a week here in Ireland before coming home. It amazes me how fast the time has gone by... it doesn't feel anywhere near 6 months. But the time has come and gone so very soon I will be leaving Belfast and going back home to California. I am excited to see all of my friends and family and my animals back home. My poor bird has been neglected for almost 6 months and I hope he's not too mad at me when I get back home. I haven't had any luck finding a family to work for when I get back to the states but I think the search might prove more productive when I am back home and able to speak with families on the phone or even in person. I am planning on taking a month or so off of work and enjoy being with the people that I love so very much. And thanks to my federal tax refund and the money I have saved I will be able to take this time off and still be able to pay my bills. My mom and I land in San Fransisco on the 29th or March and will be picked up by my dad, who will be driving us back to Visalia that night. I am fully planning on spending a couple hours with the family before heading out downtown to celebrate my homecoming with my friends and a few cheeky pints! :o) I cant wait!

Oh... I almost forgot, Happy Valentines Day everyone! I hope yours was illed with lots of love! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment