Sunday, September 20, 2009

10 days till Belfast

Greetings from Visalia, Ca. My name is Melissa and I am 25 years old. I was born in Visalia and have lived here my entire life. I'm about to do something Ive only dreamed about... Im going to move to another country. I took a job as an aupair for the Shortt family in Belfast, Northern Ireland. Ive quit my job and moved out of my apartment so that I can come and spend six months with Catherine and Olley and Ive never been more scared and excited in my life. The Shortt's are a sweet and nice couple and the one comfort I have is that I will be staying with people who can help my acclimate to the new culture. Im starting my last week of work Moday and will be spending time with friends Sunday night at the local county fair... I leave for Belfast from San Fransisco at 6:15 am on Wen. Sept. 30th. I'm not yet packed but I still have some clothes to buy before I can do that. Im mostly looking forward to the Irish weather. I hope it rains and snows alot! Well its after midnight and I have a full day ahead of me tomorrow... keep reading and I know this isnt the most interesting post but hopefully I will have more worldly experiences to write about in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment