Thursday, November 12, 2009

Back from Scotland

Hi everyone! I'm back from Scotland and glad to report that I had an amazing time. We were there for Guy Fawke's day, Max's 2nd birthday and Uncle David's 24th birthday. It was an amazing party with loads of fireworks! The party was Saturday and we stayed in Pitlochry at Cath's mom's house till this last Tuesday. The town is a bit smaller but very beautiful and a little touristy. But I think its such a charming town. It reminds me alot of Visalia. The party was awesome... Cath, David, Andy, John and I were the last ones standing at the end of the night and then decided that it would be a good idea to consume some whiskey :o) That was disgusting but thankfully I wasn't hungover at all. David and I joined his friends at a pub in Pitlochry Monday night and had a few pints and met some very nice people from London and 2 men from Germany... one of which was named Hoover. :o) He was a very large, friendly man... who had us cracking up the whole night. He told David at the end of the night that he had a "vondervul vive"... (wonderful wife) :o) We didn't even bother trying to explain that we had only known each other for 3 days and weren't in fact married but it was a nice compliment all the same.

I talked with Catherine last night and I'm hoping to spend Christmas eve, and Christmas at her Mom's in Pitlochry and then head down to Edinburgh and stay there through the New Years. She and Ollie will cover the cost of my stay in a hostel and Ill be ringing in the New Year in Scotland!!! I'm so excited and hope to spend some more time hanging out with David. I'm praying this will be a New Year Ill never forget!!! I have a feeling that it will be, and of course Ill be making sure to take lots of pictures.

Well other then the fun filled weekend in Scotland, life has been pretty calm and normal. Cath and Ollie got home safe and sound from New York and he did VERY well in the NYC marathon. The 5 of us are heading to Dublin Saturday and Ill be staying in and babysitting Saturday night but Ill have all day Sunday to explore Dublin and get better acquainted with it. This will be my first time there since I landed a little over a month ago and can't wait! I've been told its a great town. When my Mom comes at the end of March we will spend a few days there, a couple in Belfast and then fly home together. I've already started thinking about what I'm going to do when I get home and I'm thinking I will start looking for another family before I return and hopefully Ill be staying in California for a little bit to save up some money and then who knows what... I know I do want to do some traveling, like going to Amsterdam with Anna... Italy, India, South Africa. Who knows... maybe Ill find someone else who wants to do the same and we can team up and see the world together. That would be awesome.

Well I have to go know and wake Max up from his afternoon nap and pick Niamh up from nursery. Hope all is well with everyone. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment