Thursday, November 5, 2009

Kickboxing & Pub Quiz

Hi everyone! Ive had such a busy week.. Cath and Ollie were in New York for the marathon and I'm happy to report he did very well in the race. He finished the 26 mile marathon in only 4 hours and they returned back home Tuesday morning. The kids were so happy to see their mom and dad. Their grandparents went home and I have to say all in all it was a great weekend. Mark and Rosie are very nice people and I hope to go visit them in Dublin sometime before I leave.

I had my very first kickboxing class Tuesday night... it was intense and I was dripping with sweat when it was over but I never felt better. I cant wait for next week. The class has about 20 people in it and you can even see a pic of us on the Prokick website. I am so sore today... I thought I was sore yesterday but that's nothing compared to how I feel today... its mostly my legs and my stomach but that just means I worked muscles that I haven't in a long time... which is a good thing. :o) I'm really hoping to be down another 30 lbs by the time I get home... and if I keep eating right and stay active I think I can do it. I'm leaving for Scotland and the fireworks party with Cath's family on Saturday and will be back Tuesday but I will still be able to make it to my class next Tuesday night... I can wait to leave more kickboxing moves and to get in better shape.

I went out last night for my very first pub quiz and even though my team lost it was still loads of fun... they had about 7 or 8 teams and we came in 5th... and there were 6 rounds total. It was nice to get out and meet some people. I was in a team with 4 other girls and they were all very nice. When we were playing the game at The John Hewitt Pub, the girls in my group and I recognized 2 men at the bar having a pint... low and behold they were Sean Bean and Mark Addy. You might remember Sean from his roles in National Treasure, Lord of the Rings, and Silent Hill. Mr. Mark Addy was in The Full Monty, A Knights Tale and The Flintstones Viva Rock Vegas. Both of them were nice and I even got their autographs. All in all it was a nice fun night and I got to meet two famous people I wouldn't have met if I hadn't been out in Belfast. I talked with them for a bit and they told me they're in Belfast filming a pilot for a new HBO show called Game of Thrones. Cant wait to see how it turns out!

All in all this week has been a week of first and Saturday the family and I are flying to Edinburgh and driving up to Pitlochry for the fireworks party. Yesterday was Max's 2nd birthday and Ollie's is this week as well and I think one of Cath's brothers has a birthday coming up so we will be celebrating that and lighting of loads of fireworks. I can't wait and Ill make sure to bring my camera and Ill try to take as many pictures as possible. Lots of love and hugs and kisses to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment