Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanksgiving

Hello everyone! I want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving from Belfast. I know it's a couple days early but I thought I'd get a head start on it, especially since I am not celebrating it this year. I had hoped to cook a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner for myself and the family but Cath and Ollie will be out of the house Thursday night and lets face it... that's a whole lot of cooking for 3 adults and 2 wee ones. But I am there with you all in spirit. My Mom, Dad and big brother Rick will be in Modesto with my Mom's family and I am sure they will be passing along my love to them. I miss my family and friends so much! Its crazy how much I actually miss everyone. Even the people I haven't seen in awhile, I miss them even more being all the way over here. And it's even worse being around the holidays. I'm spending Christmas in Pitlochry with both Cath and Ollie's families but I am certain it won't be close to the same. I think that's going to be the hardest holiday... only because I've never spent a Christmas away from my parents. But on the bright side, after New Years I'll be half way through my stay here and I'll be looking forward to my Mom coming to Ireland to collect me.

This has been an amazing experience and I would change a thing but it will be nice to come home and hug everyone. I've been missing the big hugs I have gotten used to getting from my friends. My friends give the best hugs... especially Yvette and Anna. I can't wait to hang out with my girls again and feel truly relaxed and at home.

I've been doing alot of thinking about what I want to do once I get home and I'm hoping I can find a family to work for in California. Possibly San Fransisco area or somewhere in Northern California. That way I can have my own car and I can be close to everyone I love. I think I will try to save as much money as I can for the first year and then hopefully plan a trip or two with some friends. I still want to travel but I think shorter trips will be better. I wont have the homesickness to deal with and Ill be able to come back and keep working for the same family. I'm hoping and praying I find a family that I can stay with for quite awhile because I really do love Sam, Niamh and Max and the idea of leaving in March is breaking my heart. They are two of the sweetest and kindest children and I will miss them as much as I am missing my own family. That's the hard part of only being in their lives for 6 months, you fall in love with them and then you realize that you have to go home. It's a hard thing to deal with. It almost makes me wish I could stay longer, but unfortunately that isn't an option. I have to leave the UK at the end of March and there really isn't anything I can do about it. But I do know I'll always care about them and I am hoping I will see them again. Who knows, maybe they all can come for a visit and I can show them my home.

Well everyone I just got home from my kickboxing class and I am exhausted. It's a tough workout and really takes it out of you. But very fun and fulfilling. 4 weeks down and 2 more to go in my beginners class. After that there are other week to week classes I can take and I am planning on doing so. But now it's time for sleep. So I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!!! Oh, I almost forgot, my Mom just sent me a care package but she will be sending another one along before Christmas so if anyone wants to send me some goodies I would really be grateful... post is always a nice thing to get. :o) God bless & take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment