Friday, November 20, 2009

Sorry its been so long...

Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't posted anything new in such a long time... there hasn't been much that's gone on since I got back from Scotland. I am just working everyday and trying to find some nice people to hang out with while I'm here. I'm babysitting tonight and tomorrow night but I will be going into city center and meeting a girl named Mandy who I met through facebook. Were going to go to the Belfast Christmas Festival at the city hall. They have basically every type of food you can imagine from all over the world. Greek, French, Mexican, Dutch... everything! They even have alligator burgers... but we will see if Mandy and I are brave enough to try those. She seems like a very nice girl, she goes to uni here in Belfast and has a boyfriend shes been with for awhile, so I'm hoping we hit it off well. I met another person off of facebook the other night for a pint and his name is Sean. His parents are both from Belfast but he lived in the states while he was a teenager and he also lived in Montana for awhile. So I can actually understand him when he talks and he seems like a nice lad. But other then trying to get out and have a social life, not much has been going on with me. I caught another cold after I got back from Scotland and unfortunately I still have traces of a cough and a sore ear, but other then that I feel fine.

I had my 3rd kickboxing class on Tuesday and despite feeling under the weather still I had a great time and made it through the class in one piece. I really enjoy kickboxing and cant wait for the next class. It comes really easily to me and I think most of that is due to the fact that I took tae kwon do for a few years when I was a kid. Its a good way for me to occupy one night of the week and also try to get into better shape and learn some self defense.

Also I want to report that I am spending a little over a week in Edinburgh, Scotland for New Years!!!!! I'm so excited for that and Ill be staying in a youth hostel in Old Edinburgh. I might be hanging out with David but if that doesn't pan out I'm almost positive there will be loads of people in the hostel and hopefully some of them wont mind if I tag along. There is loads of things I want to do while in Edinburgh and they really love to celebrate New Years in Scotland... or Hogmanay, as they call it... So Ill be celebrating Christmas with the family in Pitlochry and then on Boxing Day (Dec 26th) Ill be heading back to Edinburgh where Ill be until I fly back to Belfast on the 4th of Jan 2010!!! I cant wait...I'm super excited and will be sure to take pictures of everything.

Well Max's nap time is just about up so I need to wrap this up and I hope everyone back at home has an amazing Thanksgiving next week. Eat lots of turkey, stuffing, mash potatoes and yams for me... oh and DON'T forget the pumpkin pie! Lots of love from Belfast. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment