Wednesday, October 7, 2009

1st Week

Greetings from Belfast... my first week at work is half over and I am a little worn out from today. It was a little bit stressful because I started driving today. Driving on the other side of the road is confusing enough but to make it worse Im driving in a big city which Ive never been too keen on doing. But Id say all in all today went really well. Catherine is going to look into getting me a driving lesson just so I can get the basics of driving in the UK down. The lines on the road and the signs are all different and dont even get me started on the stupid round abouts! Those things are crazy! lol But Im sure after a week or two of driving with the crazy Belfast drivers Ill be a pro. At least I hope so... :o)

I do have to admit I am getting a little homesick... its only been a week but I miss my Mom and Dad, my friends, especially Anna, Yvette, Ev, Nate, Ben... all of them really. Life and everything is so different here but I just need to get out and meet new people, make new friends and find ways to fill my nights and weekends.

Im also excited to report that Catherine and Olley have expressed that they are very happy with me and how quickly the kids and I have taken to each other. They are such a nice family and Im glad I get to spend this time with them. Im babysitting for them tonight so that Catherine can go to dinner with her friends and Olley can hit the gym. It been a long day and the kids are finally in bed so Im going to relax... kick my feet up and watch a movie before bed. Gnight and I love and miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment