Sunday, October 4, 2009

Catch up...

Hello everyone! Yesterday was such a fun day... I went on a tour of the northern coast up the the Giant's Causeway. It was amazing!!! And beautiful to say the least. We stopped at a huge rope bridge called Carrick-a-rede rope bridge but unfortuntly it was losed because of the high winds. Normally they close it down when the wind gets above 35 mph and yesterday it was reported to be over 75 mph!!! I could actually lean all my weight forward and the wind kept me standing up right. It was great! The rain came and went yesterday and as fast as it started it was over again. I love it! We got to take a long scentic drive along the coast and its more beautiful then anything Ive ever seen before. After the rope bridge we made our way to the Giants Causeway where I first had a wee lunch with 4 people I met on the tour... theyre really nice and theyre all studying English in Dublin so as soon as I get a chance to go to Dublin with Catherine and Olley, Ill be giving them a ring and well be getting together for some drinks and fun. After lunch we walked the 1.5 miles to the Causeway... all in all Id say I walked close to 4 or 5 miles yesterday alone. Which is making my legs pretty sore to say the least. :o) But all that will do is help me keep taking off my weight. The Causeway has these hexigon shaped stones which formed because of a volcano. Truely one of the greatest wonders of the world. After the Causeway we made a wee stop at the Bushills distilary and then stopped to look at one of the many castles in Ireland. It was such a fun and active day and I got to see so much of the coast, it was amazing! Catherine said we will take a trip up there so I can walk out on the rope bridge.

I spent today with the family at the Belfast city zoo, it was so nice and you get a great view of the city and the water from there. Niemh, Max and I have already started to bond and have ben getting along very well. Ive gotten lots of hugs and kisses already, it doesnt hurt that Niemh and I both love anything pink. :oD I can already tell the next six months are going to be loads of fun, especially because of the family Im with. Ive already started meeting new people and can't wait to go to Dublin and hang out with my new Swedish, Italian and French friends. :o) As soon as I get the charger for my camera battery Ill be able to take loads more pictures and Ill be posting them on my facebook for everyone to see.

Oh, and Ive noticed my accent changing as well... I do it wherever I go, I start to talk like the people Im around and of course Belfast is no exception. LOL Ive even started using a wee bit of there words too, as you can see. ;O) And Ill get to learn how to do some driving tomorrow when I go out with Catherine... pray I do well and dont make too many wrong turns lol. :o)

Well thats all for now, Im looking forward to Skyping with my mom in a couple hours and then I think Im going to go for a wee walk and then go to bed early. Ill be starting work officially tomorrow but like I said the kids and I are getting on amazingly and I have to doubt the next 6 months will go smoothly! More to come later! For all my friends and family who are keeping up with this blog... I love you and miss you terribly but Im having a wonderful time and its better then I ever imagined. Thanks for all of your love and support and Ill be sending postcards home soon.

XOXO,
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment