Saturday, October 17, 2009

Fly Butterfly Festival

Hiya everyone!!! I hope everything is going good and well with you all. My voice is still a little bit raspy but all in all I'm feeling much better! I signed up this week for a 6 week kickboxing class and that starts on Nov 3rd. I'm so excited for that and hopefully it will help me loose more weight. As some of you know Ive lost 40 pounds or almost 3 stones since April and I'm hoping to loose even more before I come home in March. I was also told today about a weight lose clinic just down the road from my home here in Belfast so I'm going to give them a call Monday morning and see what the cost is for that. Tomorrow I'm going to my first meet up with the Belfast Social Meet up group and we are going to meet about a half mile from my house and walk 3.5 miles to the city hall and just walk and talk. :o) So tomorrow Ill be getting in a nice 4 mile walk which should help burn of all the carbs Ive been eating. Catherine was telling me today it looks like Ive actually lost a few pounds since coming 2 weeks ago which makes me optimistic that maybe I haven't backslid too far. I just need to keep eating well and get out for more walks. Starting Monday I'm going to be going for walks nightly after I'm off work, maybe Ill see if Motivation weight lose clinic will be open and Ill just walk down to see what they're all about.
But anyways, today was a lovely day. Catherine and I took the kids to Streamvale open farm again... I always like going there because of all the animals and plus it smells like home. :oD Then we headed back to town and went into city centre and went to the Fly Butterfly Festival at Belfast's newly renovated city hall... which by the way is one of the most beautiful buildings in town. They had a parade that ended at the city hall building and then there were 4 people hanging on the side of the building while dancing above the people preforming on stage. There were also 4 people dressed like butterflies standing on the roof of the building dancing as well. It was really something amazing to see. We then met up with Sarah, Catherine's best friend and her children and went for a pint. :o) We sat outside of one of the oldest pubs in Ireland and just relaxed and let the children play together. I even tried some of Cath's Guinness and I know I'm supposed to be drinking it while I'm in Ireland but thanks but no thanks! That stuff just isn't for me plus they still have vodka here so I think Ill stick with that! I did get a chance to try a Ulsters fry... which if you don't know what that is, it's the traditional Irish hangover meal... 2 fried eggs, ham, sausage, bread, and tomatoes. That is the best thing Ive eaten since I landed 3 weeks ago! I shared it with the kids but I don't mind. But next chance I get I'm having one all to myself because it was delicious!!!

I'm also really excited because my Mom booked her ticket to come out and see my in March and we will be flying home together on March 29th!!! I'm so excited to show her Belfast and I'm of course going to take her to the Giant's Causeway and Carrick-a-Rede rope bridge and whatever else she wants to see! Maybe even the Titanic museum. I cant wait to collect her from the Dublin airport and I'm sure by that time Ill have some things to show her in Dublin as well. I just cant wait to give her the biggest hug ever!

This next Friday Catherine, the kids and I will be heading over to Scotland and we will be staying til the following Tuesday. Ill be getting to go to Lochness too because we will be going to see her brother there. That's something I'm really looking forward to as well and I will be taking loads of pictures. Ive already posted the pictures I took today on my facebook. Today was such a fun day and I'm hoping to meet some nice people tomorrow as well. But its getting pretty late here so I better be off to bed now, but thanks so much for reading and for the interest in what I'm doing... it means more to me then you'll ever know to know that the people in my life truly do care. I am a very blessed person and can't wait to get home and see you all again. All my love!



1 comment:

  1. Hi Melissa,

    I just created an account so I can write to you. I haven't had a chance to read your blog yet but I'm going to do it and get back to you soon. Have a beautiful day

    Uncle Allen

    ReplyDelete