Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Scotland trip

Hi everyone! Well I'm back from Scotland and I had so much fun!!! I've already posted the pictures on my facebook and I can't wait to go back next weekend. Edinburgh was nice and I got to go for a drink on the Royal Mile... which is a mile of street that starts at the Edinburgh Castle and has loads of pubs on it. I didn't get to spend much time in Pitlochry but I will be the next time I go back. I spent an extra night up in Fort Augustus at Catherine's brothers hostel. We left the kids with their grandma on Saturday night and had a great night at the pub in the hostel. :o) I can't even begin to tell you all how many drinks I had... and those of you who know me best know I hardly ever drink, but that night was a fun night of drinking. Kenny, Cath's brother, is a really nice easy going guy and on hell of a bartender!!! I got to meet his daughter Leo and she is a cool girl and we got on very well. I decided to stay a second night up at the hostel and we rocked the wii the next night. Fort Augustus is on the south shore of Loch Ness and is so beautiful, the Highlands in general are gorgeous and I cant wait to go back. It was one of the funnest weekends I've had in a long time.

The ferry over was a new experience too, we were one of the first to board the ship and to drive off, I didn't realize that people traveled like that but after doing it I would jump at the chance to do it again. But next time were flying over, which will take less time. I think the flight is only 45 mins long :o)

Cath & Ollie are leaving bright and early in the morning for New York where Ollie will be running in a marathon Saturday. They will be gone through the weekend and will be home Tuesday morning. I'll be minding the children along with the help of Ollie's mom & dad. I am starting my kickboxing class Tuesday night & its a six week course. Thankfully Cath will be back before my class starts so I can drive myself to it instead of taking the bus. (they're leaving the car at the airport) But I do wish Ollie the best in his 24 mile race and hopes he does as well as he wants too. So they're gone until next Tuesday and then on Friday were back off to Scotland for a fireworks party. I am excited beyond words for that party!!! Well it's time for me to go, I hope everyone is doing well and please continue to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment